22.4.09

100 degrees: Things I Love

Frizzy Hair
The hotter it gets, the more I realize that I live for myself. And something as mundane as frizzy hair is what got me that epiphany.

Shit, it's a beautiful day, everything's glowing, and in front of the mirror is not where I want to be.

Because in the heat, there's no reason to care.

Airy & Ethereal
You can't avoid the inevitable sense of romance and the gossamer, empyrean feel of the season. I dwell in it.

And once again, a totally prosaic little detail that makes it so beautiful: airy clothes.
Whether it be a filmy tunic or a dainty dress, anything (beyond the annoyingly harsh neons) that evokes a sense of otherworldly exquisiteness makes these days livable.
Wish Upon...
A dandelion, maybe?

For some reason, su
mmer seems to be the time that wishes are made. Whether they come true or not... well, that's really up to the wisher.
Something about making a wish in the summer seems so quaint.
Plus, it gives us all something to look forward to when winter comes around.
Whole New Worlds
California is constantly underestimated. Constantly.

We've so much more than just beaches and bleached hair.
I mean, the hills right here are so close to us, yet beyond an occasional jog or perhaps a hike, no one takes advantage of that. And it's all so lit up in the summer (besides the bugs- just don't wander off the trail).

You'd be surprised what beauty a little walk on the wild side will reveal.

Lose Yourself
I'm a relentless bookaholic.

Honestly, books aren't seasonal at all. It's just incredibly appealing to sit outside (or maybe at Peets Coffee), alternately reading Jane Austen and people watching.
Summer's the only time I have for such satisfying frivolities as this.








Realizing I truly miss winter...

1 comment: