15.5.09

Do you see what I see?


People are strange.
This is especially true when you're a stranger.
I've found recently that people have been growing increasingly insipid. They say the most banal, boring things and they have the most pathetic conversations. They care about everything that doesn't matter, and they industriously avoid everything that does.
And recently, that's been my set opinion. But today, it occurred to me that "people" is a very general term.
I'm "people" too.
Maybe, in someone else's eyes, I say the most banal and insipid things. Maybe in their eyes, I'm the most stale of the lot. I know that I keep many of my personal or important thoughts to myself, and I'm definitely aware of how I usually come across. Maybe in someone else's eyes, we're all as vapid as we think everyone else is.
Who's to say the person next to you doesn't think the exact same thoughts you do?
Maybe it's time for us all to find a fresh pair of eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment