17.7.09

If you lost all hope...


Who would you call?


This took me over a decade to realize.
Odd as it sounds, I'm not the center of the universe.
Selfishness is no fault. Self preservation is a virtue.
So why is it frowned upon?

You've heard it before; I know you have. You've been told that you're not the most important thing in the world, so stop acting like it. That's where I disagree. I'm the most important thing in my world, and so it's understandable for me to act like it.
The beauty of my selfishness, however, is that I want what's best for myself. But my own happiness depends at least partially on the happiness of those I love. The people that comprise me are the ones I want to see happy, the ones that will make me happy.


So over one and a half decades after my world came into being, I've finally figured out how important it is to cherish the ones you love.

Because without your loved ones,

you couldn't possibly be selfish.

Photo copyright Dina Goldstein

No comments:

Post a Comment