2.12.10

Atom: I'm positive I've lost an electron!

Wow, I haven't been here in a while. But I guess this is where you end up when you have a Humanities paper to write.

There are times -- completely random times -- that I find myself on this page, staring at this dusty old blog, scoffing at the bold, pseudo-intellectual statements I've made so many times with such conviction, tempted to take them down out of embarassment. Frankly, I feel I've lost that contentious spark that made me want to take on the world's ignorance and exert my own crippling intelligence.

But that seems pretty passé to me at this point, because my priorities have changed a lot. I guess I've gotten more relaxed and honestly, I don't feel like I have anything to prove. I'm just trying to be positive now; I'm satisfied with a warm chai (or iced, I'm not picky!), my Snow White iPod and a solid 4.0. Life is pretty idyllic right now, I'd say.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is this: I'm taking a break from cynicism and realism and rationality (shocking, I know). This blog has always been what I needed it to be, and what I need now is an outlet for positivity to help me breathe my way through stress and strain.

Let's see how this goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment